So you’ve got a Facebook Fan Page, now what? It’s definitely not like “The Field of Dreams” just because it’s there doesn’t mean they’ll come.
10 Tips For Promoting Your Facebook Fan Page:
1. The first thing you will want to do is become a fan of your own page. So when people come to your personal profile and look at your information they will see the pages you are a fan of. Plus it’s your creation and your proud of it.
2. Upload a picture. Here you can get very creative you have 200 pixels wide x 600 pixels deep, a vertical header/graphic. It’s like that great real estate you get when you create a custom Twitter background, so the possibilities are endless.
3. Facebook/Twitter is an application that allows you to link your fan page to Twitter. Twitter will be updated everytime you post on your fan page. You have settings you can choose from: Status, Photos, Links, Notes, and Events. This application totally get’s “Link Love” driving traffic back to your fan page from Twitter when your followers click on your link. By the way I’d love to Tweet with you on Twitter.
4. Create a “Welcome” landing page using the Static FBML application (This is my all time fav application, go be a fan). You can have a video welcoming them to your fan page and invite them to stay by clicking the “Become a Fan” button. This application allows you to add your autoresponder html coding so you can give away your “FREE” Ebook or tips to your fans once they subscribe.
5. Acknowledge your fans by allowing them to interact with you. When they have this ability they are being engaged, heard, and know that they are important to you. In turn, this interaction gives your business more exposure giving you a reach to other potential clients. You can do this by clicking the “Options” button under the “Share” button on “What’s on your mind” then you will see three options, choose “Your Page + Fans”:
6. Share your page with your friends by clicking on the share button on the left side of the page scroll down towards the bottom click share. A box will come up that says “Post to Profile” you have the option to type a message or send a message. When you “Post to Profile” there is a lock icon that gives you choices of who to share with.
7. After sharing your page with “25 Friends” that choose to become a fan, Facebook let’s you have a Vanity URL. You can get your Vanity Url here. You can place your vanity url in serveral key places:
- You can have it displayed on your personal profile in the information box under your picture.
- Add it to your email and forum signatures.
- Have it printed on your business card.
8. Facebook also gives you tools to promote your fan page with a “Badge” or a “Fan Box”. With a “Fan Box” you have 3 options: Include Stream, Include Fans, Include Facebook Logo that has “Become a Fan’ button. The “Fan Box” is a way to acknowledge your fans, just sayin…
Promote Your Page Too
9. I love applications, and “Notes” is right up there with “Static FBML” it allows you to syndicate your blog feed into your notes in Facebook.
10. Do you send out a newsletter to your list? Invite them to become a fan, don’t stop there invite them to all your social media homes Twitter, Linkedin, etc…
Did I say 10 tips, well I told a little white lie…..
11. Wear it “Loud and Proud” place button hotlinks on your website (I hope it is a blogsite preferably a WordPress.org one, if not this is another discussion.)
12. Keep your content fresh and updated, your Fan Page wants your attention. Don’t forget that right now Facebook is only #2 to Google you can find this information on Alexa.com and as I’ve said before (broken record I know) Fan Pages are highly indexed in Google and other search engines…. Not to mention the viral effect that occurs when a Fan interacts on your page. Not only does it show up on your fan page but it may appear on the Fan’s feed. Introducing you to their friends and possibly the start of a beautiful relationship.
13. Almost forgot… Share it on other social network sites. Let’s take Linkedin, on your profile in Linkedin you have 3 spaces to list your websites. Click edit and select other, in the space that says website title put “Facebook Fan Page” or “Become a Fan” then put your link in the next space. (make sure to include http://).
Do you have a suggestion to add to this list? Remember Sharing is Caring……
Don't Miss Any News
Love What You Have Read So Far Join Our Mailing List To Receive The Latest News and Updates From My Site.