Everything is based on Great Content! How effective your Fan Page will be on Facebook is is going to be based on your content.
Let’s review the steps it takes to build a brand and build a community.
If you are looking for instant gratification, you won’t find it with Social Media. Having a long term plan for your social media activities will ignite brand exposure and interest.
Tips on engaging your Fan’s on Facebook.
Consistently share quality and relevant content.
The key to maximizing engagement with your target audience is “Active Participation”. Yes, you have to show up, if your not there, if your not participating it won’t be effective.
- You must be present, available, supportive, and listening.
- It’s important to respond to comments.
- Engage your fans by asking questions.
- Check your Fan pages wall feed during “High Traffic” times during the day (at this time Facebook does not notify you when a fan makes a post on your wall, hopefully this will change soon).
Offer relevant events on Facebook. You can create and share events on Facebook by using the “Events” application. When creating the event take into consideration “SEO” and ask yourself if I was searching for an event like this what keywords would I use in my search.
- Once the event is created invite your friends (You can only send 100 invitations at a time for friends).
- Fan page admins can send an update to fans about the event.
- Send a personal message to key friends in Facebook and encourage them to share the event.
- Post the event link in targeted groups.
- Utilize Facebook Social ads.
- Promote the event in other social networking sites like Twitter, and Linkedin (Linkedin has a great Events Application also).
Leverage Facebook Applications, slowly integrate them in your fan page. Each page comes standard with: Notes, Events, and Photos. Here are a few additional ones that are useful for business:
- Static FBML
- Blog RSS Feed Reader
- Networked Blogs
- Youtube Box
- Extended Bio
- Posted Items Pro
- Flash Page
How are you engaging your Fan’s on Facebook?