As you sit down to start your next blog post, take some time out to think about what you want to accomplish with your post. Who are you writing to? What’s the goal of your blog post? Will this blog post align with the overall vision of your blog and help you move forward in your business?
Here are some questions that you’ll want to take some time to think through:
- Are you writing a post that you hope will get lots of social media shares and expand your reach?
- Are you writing a post that will encourage readers to join your email list so you can get back in touch with them later?
- Are you writing a post to get the attention of big brands that you’d like to work with?
- Are you writing a blog post to start a conversation with your existing readership and learn more about them?
- Are you writing a blog post to sell your readers a product or to promote an affiliate link?
- Are you writing a blog post to start a conversation with another blogger in hopes of growing a relationship that will benefit the both of you?
All of these are excellent goals for your next blog post. You can probably add a few more to that list. The important thing to remember is to begin with the end in mind. What do you want to accomplish with your blog post?
For example, if your goal is to get the attention of a big brand you’d like to work with, think about a post where you can share your experience with one of their products.
If your goal is to grow your list, think of a topic works well with your opt-in offer freebie. Create your content and then conclude the post with an invitation to join your list and download your freebie.
It’s far easier to create goal driven blog posts when you have a set idea of what you want to accomplish when you sit down to write it. You can also reverse the entire process and make sure everything flows well in order to lead your reader to whatever action you want them to take after reading the blog post.
When you master this skill, you’ll be amazed at the results. You’ll know how to craft many different kinds of posts strategically. Try writing a blog post that helps you grow your reach. Next, try to write one that starts a conversation with your new readers. Then work on getting them on your list. Finally, make them an appealing offer.
As you mix these up with posts that help you get the attention of potential blogging partners and brands, you’ll be in a great position to not only grow your blog and your audience but make money blogging as well.
Check out my blog post “HOW TO GET MORE ACTION FROM YOUR BLOG VISITORS” for examples of how I implement some of the things I mention in this post.
Don't Miss Any News
Love What You Have Read So Far Join Our Mailing List To Receive The Latest News and Updates From My Site.