As someone who loves to pin, it never occurred to me that there could be cons to collaboration boards. Recently, some of the mom bloggers here in Las Vegas where talking about this at New Media Expo and why they don't accept invitations. They had valid points, but I think the benefits out way their arguments. So I decided to write this post on “The Benefits and Cons of Pinterest Collaboration Boards”.
First I thought it would be fun to show you how to create a collaborative board on Pinterest.
If you love to pin, you might want to consider inviting someone to pin with you. Whether you are planning a trip with your family or throwing a dinner party for your friends, group boards provide an easy way to use Pinterest as a collaborative tool.
Just follow the simple steps in the video to get started.
The benefits of Pinterest collaboration boards are endless.
- Benefit = Traffic is the biggest Benefit! However, it has to be a team effort.
- Benefit = Followers on Pinterest, new people will discover you when they check out the board and you have shared pins or the person who created the board pins or repins you.
- Benefit = Exposure to other Pinterest users that you may have not met.
- Benefit = You can build buzz as a group
- Benefit = The board can be promoted via social networks just like other boards. Twitter, Facebook, Google+ resulting in new followers, traffic to your blog, and it will grow!
- Benefit = Meet the other collaborators, and follow them. Build a relationship with them.
- Benefit = They are fun! It is a party inside of Pinterest.
What are the cons?
- Con = Creator can delete board and has full control over it. However, sshhhh don't tell anyone, because it is a secret.. But you can pin the same pin on other boards… just a thought.
- Con = Board creator is the Queen, and you and the other pinners are the Princesses. Again, no big. Princess Diana always out shined Queen Elizabeth. She still does even from the grave. Think I am a loon for saying so? Just go do a search for them both in Pinterest. Ya… I'm right aren't I.
So here are some guidelines for a board creator to follow:
In order to add a Pinner as a contributor you have to be following at least one board that belongs to them.
Then Type his/her username into the text field as I showed you in the video above. Don't forget to save settings on the board when done.
The contributor will receive an invite, it will look like this:
If they don't accept it don't resend it. As you see in the picture it is obvious to them and it will notify you when a contributor accepts.
This is the Pinterest collaboration board for Mom Bloggers Las Vegas, we would like to invite you to follow it. Just click on the image and follow! Now get to collaborating!
Did I leave any benefits out that you enjoy? Share them in your comment and get some link love on me! #Blogboost
Don't Miss Any News
Love What You Have Read So Far Join Our Mailing List To Receive The Latest News and Updates From My Site.