I love baths. No matter how crazy life gets, a hot bath is one of my favorite ways to unwind at the end of the day.
Bath salts are also a wonderful gift to give to family, friends and teachers for any occasion. They are pretty expensive to buy but it’s so easy to make your own at a fraction of the price.
It’s super easy to make your own. You can add fragrance with essential oils. Make a few jars at a time to have simple, homemade gifts on hand.
2 cups Epson Salt
1/4 cup baking soda
1 teaspoon strawberry extract or 8-10 drops strawberry essential oil
Optional: 1-2 drops red food gel
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the salt and baking soda. Whisk to blend well.
- Add the strawberry extract or essential oil and stir for 1-2 minutes to fully incorporate. Since the extract is colored red, it will give the bath salts a pretty pink color. If you prefer the salts to be more red, add a few drops of red food gel (optional). I just used the extract.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store up to 6 months.
HOW TO USE
- Add 1/4-1/2 cup of strawberry bath salts to your warm bath water.
- Sit back and soak for at least 30 minutes. Relax and enjoy the amazing strawberry scent as the Epson salt and baking soda ease your tired and achy muscles.
Don't Miss Any News
Love What You Have Read So Far Join Our Mailing List To Receive The Latest News and Updates From My Site.